What are the Benefits?
While the goal of mediation is to produce a win-win resolution, mediation also:
* Requires significantly less time than litigation.
* Costs far less (as little as one-tenth of the cost of a litigated dispute).
* Allows you to control the decisions that affect your life and the lives of those you care about.
* Benefits family members, neighbors, and co-workers by reducing conflict in ongoing relationships.
* Is conducted in a private, confidential setting.
* Avoids public disclosure of financial and personal matters.
* Promotes communication, enhances problem-solving skills, and encourages continued cooperation.
* Produces more satisfactory, long-lasting agreements than litigation because the process is voluntary.